|Nursery Places are available for more information please call 01535 605272 or|
|07548532809 or E.mail firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Our usual wrap around provision times are from 7.30am-5.30pm Monday - Friday term time|
|However due to COVID 19 we are now offering a more limited service|
|Please call 01535 605272 for more information.|
Our aim is to provide an inclusive environment for all our children, their parents, carers and other family members, our staff and all users of the school.
Inclusion is about providing equal opportunities for all our users, whatever their ability, age, gender, ethnic origin, religious belief, disability or social background.
Our curriculum encourages children to develop positive attitudes to people who are different to themselves. It encourages children to empathise with others.
• Ensure that the curriculum is inclusive, appropriate and relevant for children with a range of special educational needs and disabilities and those who are gifted and talented.
• Are positive about bilingualism and ensure that children whose first language is not English have full access to the curriculum and are supported in their learning.
• Create an environment of mutual respect and tolerance.
• Make children feel valued and good about themselves.
• Help children understand that discriminatory behaviour and remarks are unacceptable.
• Encourage the children to show respect and value other people’s feelings. Also to take responsibility for their own actions.
• Reflect the widest possible range of communities in the choice of resources.
• Avoid stereotypes or derogatory images in the selection of materials.
• Celebrate a wide range of festivals.
• Welcome the diversity of family life and work with all families.
• Work with families to create and nurture a positive attitude to learning.
• Encourage parents/carers to take part in the life of the nursery and to contribute fully.
• Work in partnership with parents to ensure that the medical, cultural and dietary needs of their children are met.
The Local Offer is a new way of giving children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their parents or carers information about what activities and support is available in the area where you live. For more information on the Bradford Local offer please click here https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/local-offer
Strong Close Nursery School is now a Local Authority designated special Early Years SEND provision. We have a maximum of 30 places for children age 2-5 years with a designated classroom for the teaching and learning of this provision. However, children are grouped into classes which support their individual needs. These needs are identified through close partnership working with parents and professionals; Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Physio Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Support from the Visual and Hearing Impaired Teams.
We are very pleased to be able to offer provision for these children and have specialist staff who work with them. The team is led by a qualified teacher working alongside a team of dedicated and experienced staff. Parents and carers will be consulted and included regarding any additional needs their children may need. Children with special educational needs are encouraged and enabled to play and learn alongside all the other children in the nursery. There is also provision for children to experience discreet activities with an opportunity of a higher adult to child level of support at certain times. The specialist staff assess children's needs and plan and carry out individual and small group activities as necessary. Each child has an Individual Support Plan (ISP).
The staff work closely with other professionals such as Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists and Physiotherapists. The staff also work closely with parents and carers, as well as professionals, to make sure that each child is supported when they leave to go to their next school. This sometimes involves referral for a Statutory Assessment and in all instances parents will be fully involved.
These places are allocated by SEN Services at Education Bradford. Please contact Laura Ross, our SENCo at school, if you feel your child may qualify for a resourced place, or for advice if you feel your child may have Special Educational Needs.