If your child attends our nursery school (even if they are not staying for lunch) and you live in the Bradford district you may be able to register your child for Free School Meals, which will help the school and also help ensure your child is registered for free school meals when they start primary school. We also get food vouchers for supermarkets regularly from the local authority that we give out to the parents/carers of children on free school meals.
Can I apply for free school meals?
You can apply for school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school or call the Education Service on 01274 439393)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income threshold of less than £7,400
How can I apply?